If you are much into music and guitars and have a desire to be a professional singer but whenever you sing, your voice comes out nasally, you are a troubled soul. If you really want to improve your singing voice and try your best to find out those techniques that will prove beneficial in improving your singing voice you need to practice the following breathing exercises.
1. You can improve your singing voice by concentrating on your breath. Keep in mind that if you do not breathe properly, you will not be able to produce the required quality voice. You can check your breath by placing your hand at your stomach, take a breath if your stomach expands in this process, you are breathing correctly. Actually it is your diaphragm that is activated by strong abdominal muscles that expand while you are breathing and provide improved singing voice.
2. Relax your self by stretching your facial muscles, jaws, and vocal chords. By warming up a little you will be able to produce an improved quality singing voice. Stand straightly keeping the feet about shoulders width apart and chin in the outward position. Try to focus on your position while breathing. This will help you in relieving tension which acts as a hurdle when you are trying to improve your singing voice.
3. Another important tip which is helpful in improving your singing voice is to put your soft palate and tongue in a right position. By raising the soft palate, you will be able to resonate your voice and the tip of the tongue placed at the back of the teeth will help it in coming out of the throat.
4. Drinking lots of water is good if you are trying to improve your singing voice. If you have to perform somewhere, include water in your diet as much as you can as it will really help in maintaining voice quality by keeping your throat clean.
5. While singing, avoid strain by maintaining proper breathe control. Staying at your speech level will enable you to sing in a high or a low pitch, thereby improving your singing voice. I would recommend you to sing those songs while practicing that you can sing easily. Once you get used to the tone of your favorite song you can sing it by staying at your speech level as it will definitely support your voice and you will feel comfortable.
6. If you will warm up before singing, it will give you a nice start. You can warm up by relaxing your muscles by taking a deep breath and exhaling it in the same manner. Believe me it will really work in improving your singing voice and you will sing like a professional who hits high notes without straining even for a second.
7. It will be good to have a vocal teacher to train you in improving your singing voice. He will give you an instant response or feed back which will help you a lot and can solve many of your problems related to your voice.
If you will apply all of these tips to improve your singing voice you will surely find a change in your voice quality, you will be able to hold your voice and can hit high notes so incredibly that will make other singers envy you.